Counselling Service offers culturally gender sensitive therapy and support for women affected by various forms of Violence Against Women and Girls (VAW&G) including Harmful Practices such as Forced Marriage, Honour Based Violence.
The impacts of domestic violence are many; they include depression, anxiety, low self- esteem and a sense of powerlessness. We are here to listen, help and support you.
Who is it for? Counselling service is for Turkish, Kurdish, Turkish Cypriot and other Turkish speaking who are over 18 experiencing VAWG.
Our counsellors – All women – are professionally trained and member of BACP and BPS working according to their guidelines.
What do we offer?
- One-to-one Counselling:
- We offer 16 counselling sessions for VAWG survivors in London, primarily for women living in Enfield, Waltham Forest, Haringey and Hackney. You can talk in a safe supportive environment.
- We offer 20 week sessions for women who are affected by Harmful Practices and primarily for women living in Barking & Barnet, Bromley, Hackney, Islington, Redbridge and Waltham Forest.
- Confidence Building groups: 6 week confidence building group sessions aims to assist VAWG survivors to deal with traumatic impact of their experiences and build their self-esteem and self-confidence to rebuild their lives.
6 week programme
- Speak up and express yourself
- Violence Against Women’s and Girls: Take positive action to protect yourself from violence
- Challenging Self-Defeating thoughts and Patterns
- Effective Communication skills
- Strategies for Developing Confidence
- Promoting self-esteem and emotional wellbeing
Support Groups: Ongoing weekly support groups for women to improve their skills and knowledge for independent living. Every week we talk about different topic of our interest and there is an opportunity for informal information exchange with other women. Support groups run in different boroughs-Enfield, Haringey, Waltham Forest and Hackney to provide better access for women.
Some of the topics will cover:
- Women Health and mental health
- Welfare rights
- Violence against women
- The impact of violence on children
- Depression, anxiety
- Healthy eating
Ending Harmful Practice Support group: Organised once a month for women who are affected from Forced Marriage, ‘Honour’ Based Violence, Female Genital Mutilation, Dowry related violence, and other forms of Harmful Practices in London Boroughs of Barking & Barnet, Bromley, Hackney, Islington, Redbridge and Waltham Forest.
Referrals: We accept referrals from GP, other professionals and self–referrals. Referrals should be made by filling in our referral form or by telephone.
Confidentiality: Under IMECE’s confidentiality policy, the client’s information will be kept strictly confidential, unless there are safeguarding issues which must be reported to the authorities.
Counselling Referrals: email@example.com
Funded as part of ASCENT by London Council.