Aims of the project
Empowering Turkish, Kurdish, Turkish Cypriot women who are unemployed and looking for work, in a safe and confidential environment and providing assistance to gain employability skills and experience in the UK.
The volunteers are being supported and managed by Volunteer Coordinator.
This support includes
- 6 weekly one-to-one and group supervision
- Mentoring and one to one support during their study, job applications and job search
- Shadowing advisors and project workers.
Volunteer training Opportunities
We are also organising training for our volunteers, both internal and external. The training sessions we have arranged so far are:
- Effective Communication Skills
- Job search & Application
- Interview Techniques
- Domestic violence awareness, the concept and practice of
- “No recourse to public funds”,
- Child protection
- Health and safety
- First Aid for mental health clients
- Welfare Benefits overview
- First Aid
Volunteer Application Procedure
Applications should be made by filling in our application form.
Please obtain a volunteer application form by contacting project coordinator or download from our website and send it back to us.
How to contact us?
If you would like to find out more about Volunteer Project
please contact our Volunteer Coordinator on 020 7354 1359
Volunteer Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org