IMECE WOMEN’S CENTRE COVID-19 PANDEMIC SERVICE UPDATE
We, as Imece Women’s Centre Management and Staff team, would like to inform you in regards to Imece’s service provision during the Covid-19 pandemic. Imece has been operating on altered service delivery since the commencement of last week to ensure the health and safety of all our users and staff in line with government guidance. Our teams are working tirelessly and ever so hard to ensure all possible measures are covered to continue providing support.
Our utmost priority at this point is to support victim/survivors of Domestic abuse and Harmful Practices during the ‘stay-home’ instruction, as we are fully aware there are/will be significant increase in number of these incidents.
The contingency plan-updated following government statement on 23 rd March as follows:
- All face-face contact has been halted and all teams shifted to phone service.
- Counselling service continues to provide therapy over the phone either thorough voice or video calls.
- Our VAWG service continues to intervention support and advocacy at full capacity through phone service.
- Our advice service continues to provide phone advice, guidance, information and support.
- Our centre is closed and we will operate remotely from home until further notice.
If you need to refer anyone or want some advice or information, please contact our (diverted) main line and you will be assisted.
Our operating hours are 9.30am-5.30pm
IMECE Women’s Centre is a woman only registered charity and company limited by guarantee, set up in 1982. Its aim is to empower Black, Minority Ethnic and Refugee (BMER) women, particularly Turkish, Kurdish and Turkish Cypriot women and improve quality of their lives.
We are part of several networks, forums and boards where we represent the interests of black and ethnic minority communities.
Followings are fundamental values that we base our work on:
- Equal access
- User led
- Non judgemental approach
- Open Complaint
ASCENT is a project of the London VAWG Consortium (made up of 22 organisations) made up of six partnerships funded by London Councils to deliver a range of services for survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
Counselling Service offers culturally gender sensitive therapy and support for women affected by various forms of Violence Against Women and Girls (VAW&G) including Harmful Practices such as Forced Marriage, Honour Based Violence.
IMECE Women’s Centre
2 Newington Green Road,
Islington, London N1 4RX
Volunteer at IMECE
We recruit volunteers to support us on the following areas:
- Running help line and reception
- Providing information and advice
- Supporting survivors of Violence Against Women
- Providing counselling
- Assisting English classes
- Involving in research and networking meetings
- Organising trips, events, workshops and discussion groups
The volunteer will receive training and supervision to enable them to carry out the above task.
One can become a supporter of the IMECE Women Centre if they are a woman and support the values of the IMECE Women Centre.
If you would like to become an individual member please download our membership form and post back to us.
There is a £2 application handling fee.