ASCENT is a project of the London VAWG Consortium (made up of 22 organisations) made up of six partnerships funded by London Councils to deliver a range of services for survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
Ascent aims to improve service provision for those affected by sexual and domestic violence in London through the provision of high quality front-line services to voluntary and statutory organisations.
IMECE is providing:
- Advice and Counselling: This strand is the largest partnership of the the ASCENT Project with 14 partners. IMECE provides VAWG advice service for domestic violence survivors in London Boroughs of Enfield, Waltham Forest, Haringey, City and Hackney. Offering specialist and generic one-to-one support, specialist and generic support groups and VAWG advice drop-ins.
- Ending Harmful Practices: This strand consist of 8 partners which are specialist in Harmful Practices. In EHP strand we provide specialist intensive 1-1 services on different forms of Harmful Practices such as Forced Marriage, ‘Honour’ Based Violence, Female Genital Mutilation, Dowry related violence, and other forms of Harmful Practices in London Boroughs of Barking & Dagenham, Barnet, Bromley, Enfield, Hackney, Haringey, Islington, Lewisham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
- Prevention: In this strand there are 11 partners delivering training at schools and youth settings. IMECE delivers training to children and young people aged between 9 and 25 for early intervention providing generic VAWG training, specialist VAWG training at schools and trainings at out-of-school settings. Imece also provides training for professionals under this strand to teachers at School Inset Days and to staff members of youth settings.
We provide generic and specialist on-going women’s support groups. Whilst our generic groups are open to women from all backgrounds, our specialist groups are specifically tailored for women from Turkish/Kurdish/Turkish Cypriot backgrounds.
some of the topics we cover in our support groups are;
- violence against women (VAW) and available support services for VAW survivors
- parenting, healthy relationship between children and parents
- Starting a new life and resettling
- What are our rights
- Effective budgeting
- Welfare rights
- Housing rights
- Where to get help (for variety of issues from legal advice to VAWG disclosures)
Drop-ins / Surgeries
After each support group session we provide drop-in service to provide advice and guidance in a private space. Women can get advice and advocacy around many issues including welfare benefits, housing, resettling, child contact, signposting to legal advice, financial difficulties, etc.
Referrals: We accept agency and self–referrals.
Click Here to download the ASCENT REFERRAL FORM.
How to contact us?
If you would like to find out more please contact our VAWG Team on 020 7354 1359.
You can visit http://thelondonvawgconsortium.org.uk/ for more information on the London VAWG Consortium.
Confidentiality: Under IMECE’s confidentiality policy, the client’s information will be kept strictly confidential, unless there are safeguarding issues which must be reported to the authorities.